Friday, April 23, 2010

Baking Adventure #20

This post is going to be a little different than the norm, as baking adventure #20 was pretty much a failure both times I tried it.


Cinnamon Raisin Bread (minus the raisins)


My mom put in a special request for this a couple of weeks ago and I thought, "Sure! That should be easy. Afterall, I've made bread and cinnamon rolls before. What could be difficult about a little cinnamon bread minus the raisins?" WELL I am here to tell you that after two attempts at this pesky recipe, I have concluded two things: 1)Either my baking skills aren't what I thought they were or 2) This recipe is just plain incorrectly written (This is highly likely esp due to the fact that the recipe called for WAY too much salt to begin with. Who likes salty Cinnamon Raisin Bread? Not I!)...

[Reasons this failed: Bread never "rose" (Yes, my yeast was "alive") and it was too salty.]

Both options are entirely possible and while I have exhausted my attempts at this particular recipe I will NOT rest until I find another great cinnamon raisin bread recipe to try!

My sincerest apologies to those of you who have been checking in weekly if not more for the next baking adventure. You see, frustration gets the best of me sometimes and I wanted to remedy the errors of baking the bread before posting the recipe, so as to provide you with some great tips... Since that didn't happen, allow me to post a few pictures of something that DID turn out well:


DOUBLE-DECKER COOKIE CAKE!


For my friend Jason's birthday, he requested a cookie cake and stated that the frosting is the best part... so I took the idea and ran with it. Needless to say, there wasn't a crumb left upon leaving his celebration.



Note: If you would like me to make one of these for your birthday or any celebration, I would gladly oblige as new customers are always welcome!!! :-)

1 comment: